I am a versatile and creative Sales Engineer, Technical Writer and Business Systems Analyst. I am eager to learn new applications and technologies, but my real passion is working with clients to understand the issues standing in their way and advising them on how to use technology to overcome obstacles to achieving their goals. I have experience working in the public, private and non-profit sectors, up and down the corporate ladder. As a Sales Engineer, I have always taken pride in being both evangelist and teacher for the products I sell, implement and support in the service of my company and my clients. As a Technical Writer, my passion is to express complex issues and processes simply and clearly.
My skills include:
- Electronic Document Management
- Business Process / Workflow Management
- Discovery / Requirements gathering and analysis
- Business Intelligence / Data analysis and custom reporting (SQL, Excel, Access)
- Computer Telephony Integration / CRM / Call Center
- Supporting sales through channel partners
- Customized presentations for clients, senior management and trade shows
- Designing, implementing and project management for information systems for production and proof-of-concept
- Detailed responses to RFP requests
- Writing and editing award-winning technical and sales/marketing collateral
- Developing and delivering customized training
- Troubleshooting and resolving system problems
- Application Design and Development
In addition to the combination of technical and customer-facing skills required in a sales engineer, I bring a degree of creativity to the role, especially where it comes to connecting the client’s needs to a product’s feature, even when the link is not all that obvious.
I believe I could make a substantial contribution as a Sales Engineer, Technical Writer or Business Systems Analyst as a member of your staff or in a consulting role.