I am a versatile and creative Sales Engineer, Technical Writer and Business Systems Analyst. I am eager to learn new applications and technologies, but my real passion is working with clients to understand the issues standing in their way and advising them on how to use technology to overcome obstacles to achieving their goals. I have experience working in the public, private and non-profit sectors, up and down the corporate ladder. As a Sales Engineer, I have always taken pride in being both evangelist and teacher for the products I sell, implement and support in the service of my company and my clients
Sales Engineers often wear many hats. Mine include:
• Discovery / Requirements gathering and analysis
• Business Intelligence / Data analysis and custom reporting (SQL, Excel, Access)
• Computer Telephony Integration / CRM / Call Center
• Supporting sales through channel partners
• Customized presentations for clients, senior management and trade shows
• Designing, implementing and project management for information systems for production and proof-of-concept
• Detailed responses to RFP requests
• Writing and editing award-winning technical and sales/marketing collateral
• Developing and delivering customized training
• Troubleshooting and resolving system problems
• Application Design and Development
In addition to the combination of technical and customer-facing skills required in a sales engineer, I bring a degree of creativity to the role, especially where it comes to connecting the client’s needs to a product’s feature, even when the link is not all that obvious. For example, when I was with a predictive dialing company I was presenting to a market research firm. They asked me if our system could “thrash”. They told me in market research, the number of calls launched into each time zone must be in the same proportion as the percentage of the national population that lives in the time zone. I told them we could not do that (we couldn’t) and lost the business. Shortly after that we introduced a rules engine that could be used to modify system functions — including activating and de-activating calling to specific time zones — based on analytics captured by the system. I developed a set of rules to allow the system to thrash and wrote white paper about it. As a result we were able to successfully sell into the market research industry.
I believe I could make a substantial contribution as a Sales Engineer, Technical Writer or Business Systems Analyst as a member of your staff or in a consulting role.